Dear valued guests
The way in which we all live, work and travel has changed drastically since the outbreak of the global COVID-19 pandemic.
The health and wellbeing of our family, friends and colleagues is an unwavering priority for all and social distancing and online interactions and services have become the norm. For this reason, we have embraced the latest technology, boosted our employee training and strengthened our already stringent health, safety and cleaning procedures to launch a new programme designed to give you peace of mind from check-in to check-out.
Our ‘Rotana Safe Space’ programme focuses on two areas we believe you value most – a contactless experience throughout your entire stay and significantly enhanced cleaning and disinfection practices that are certified by our partner, Ecolab, a global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services.
I’d like to take this opportunity to explain the highlights of our new ‘Rotana Safe Space’, which is our promise to you when you are guests in our care.
A contactless experience
To ensure your stay with us is as contactless as possible we are offering a wide range of digital services, with the Rotana app taking centre stage as one of the main tools at your disposal.
Our adapted digital services, most of which can be accessed on your own mobile device and include the Rotana app:
- Contactless self-check-in on arrival or using pre-arrival online check-in
- Contactless in-room dining and restaurant menus
- Contactless services via the Rotana app to make room and restaurant bookings, in-room requests and for express check-out
Other contactless-stay services include:
- Restaurants offer a grab-and-go packaged food option
- Room service is packaged and delivered with no human interaction
- Guests can request flexible room-cleaning times
- In-room pick-up or delivery services with no human interaction
An enhanced approach to cleaning
Rotana’s already strict cleaning and disinfection programme has been significantly augmented, with the frequency of cleaning of all hotel areas increased and new aerosol disinfection treatments introduced at all hotels.
Rotana has partnered with Ecolab, a global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services, to review, validate and enhance cleaning, disinfection and sanitisation processes across all areas of its hotels, ensuring local, regional and international cleaning, health and safety standards are met.
The company’s approach to guestroom cleaning and occupancy has been bolstered with several additional measures, inviting guests to ‘Unlock your Safe Space’ when they stay at a Rotana hotel. Rooms will undergo deep cleaning as well as a full disinfection process that includes the use of intense aerosol methods, focussing not only on high touch points, but ensuring an entirely safe space is delivered. All bedding feather items, mattress protectors, bed and bath linen will be removed and disinfected after each stay and will undergo chemical and thermal disinfection. Immediately following the completion of all protocols, rooms will be sealed, assuring guests that they will be the first to enter their “Safe Space”.
Rotana’s new practices and products are certified by Rotana’s partner, Ecolab. As part of the certification process, Ecolab is conducting monthly audits of the rooms, public areas, laundry and food and beverage outlets at all Rotana hotels, as well as providing extra training to Rotana’s team of hotel professionals. The Ecolab products used are EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) approved locally and globally.
We have also partnered with SGS, the world’s leading inspection, testing, verification and certification company, to monitor and verify cleanliness and hygiene procedures at every property. Recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity in this field, SGS will provide assurance that we have implemented best practices in health and safety.
What guests can expect:
- All Rotana colleagues are wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and practicing strict hygiene protocols
In public areas:
- Self-parking instead of valet parking
- Luggage disinfection upon arrival
- Thermal screening (if applicable)
- Hand sanitizers dispensers in all public areas and elevators
- Social distancing measures
- Increased cleaning frequency in public areas
- Removal of all unnecessary amenities with lesser decorative items
- All remaining amenities are replaced individually for each guest following strict disinfection and sanitization.
- Minibar contents and glasses removed – guests to order when required
- New table set-up – cosy dining spaces, but more distanced from other diners
- A la carte menus only accessed through a QR code
- Take-away and in-room dining service options with safe packaging
In hotel gyms:
- Increased disinfection and cleaning of equipment
- Machines moved to adhere to social distancing
At hotel pools:
- Increased disinfection of sun chairs and tables
- Stringent towel cleaning and handling methods
We have implemented all of these measures to safeguard your health and wellbeing and to ensure you feel comfortable and safe during your stay with us.
Let me also reassure you that we will continue to closely monitor the Covid-19 pandemic as it evolves, both globally and in each market where we operate, reviewing and adapting procedures accordingly and in line with advice and guidelines from official authorities.
The world has been turned upside down by the global pandemic, causing disruption and uncertainty and we fully understand that guests may be anxious when leaving their homes and encountering a reinvented hotel environment.
However, I’d like to assure you that while our hotel procedures have changed to protect you, the warm welcome you will receive when you stay with us most definitely has not. The spirit of Arabian hospitality, which defines our brand, is alive today more than ever before, enhanced by our new peace of mind promise, which is designed to make you feel safe in our care.
On behalf of the entire Rotana team, I look forward to welcoming you at a Rotana hotel very soon.
Stay safe, stay well and take care.
President and CEO